ANAEROBIC BIOLOGICAL TREATMENT OF ORGANIC WASTE IN BIO-CELLS FOR ENERGY AND COMPOST PRODUCTION
The technology is suitable for the treatment of:
- Organic/ biodegradable fraction of municipal solid waste
- Source-sorted organic waste
- Waste garden
- Agricultural waste, waste from business and other activities
- Biological sludge from municipal wastewater
This is a method of anaerobic biological treatment, which through biogas production achieves not only the stabilization of waste but also their energy recovery. The technology is based on the method of anaerobic digestion, which is performed under dry conditions in enclosed spaces – reactors (garage type). The system is modular, which allows expansion and flexibility in seasonal variation in quantity of waste.
Each reactor has a complete heat exchange system, biogas collection system, leachate collection/ recirculation system as well as an automatic adjustment and control system. The system closes airtightly to create anaerobic conditions and safe management of the biogas produced during the process.
Through biological treatment is achieved reduction in the mass of waste, purification and destruction of pathogenic microorganisms. The biogas is collected during the process, led to electricity and heat cogeneration system. Indicatively is stated that the treatment of 10.000 tn/y domestic waste produced about 2.800.000 kWh of electricity that can power up to 550 homes annually.
- Environmental management based on the National and European legislation
- Reducing the mass of waste and residues landfilled
- Strong construction, without complex mechanical parts and high maintenance requirements
- Possibility to extend and expand capacity
- Flexibility in the seasonal variation of waste
- Production of electricity, thermal energy and compost
TECHNOLOGY IN FIGURES:
|Waste stream||Organic waste, Biological sludge|
|Amount of Waste||10.000-80.000 tn/year|
|Treatment time||21 days|
|Treatment product||Electricity, thermal energy and compost|