AEROBIC BIOLOGICAL TREATMENT OF ORGANIC WASTE IN CONTAINERS FOR COMPOST PRODUCTION
The technology is suitable for the treatment of:
- Organic/ biodegradable fraction of municipal solid waste
- Source-sorted organic waste
- Waste garden
- Agricultural waste, waste from business and other activities
- Biological sludge from municipal wastewater
This is a method of aerobic biological treatment (composting), performed by controlled ventilation of the waste in containers. The system is mobile and modular, which allows expansion and flexibility in seasonal variation in quantity of waste. System installation is easy, fast and simple, as only one bedplate is needed rather large civil engineering projects.
The aeration of the waste mass is controlled through a pipe network, which is embedded in the containers. The processed air, which passes through the material, is sent to the biofilter in order to be deodorized and purified before being released to the atmosphere. Each container has a blowers system, a leachate collection system as well as an automatic adjustment and control system of the treatment.
Through biological treatment is achieved reduction in the mass of waste, purification/curing and destruction of pathogenic microorganisms. The result is the production of a stabilized and odorless material which can be used as fertilizer.
Main advantage of this system is that within the container can be performed both the phase of oxidation / stabilization and the stage of maturation. This means that no additional space is required for the maturation of the waste piles.
Container systems are available in two sizes, 10m3 or 20m3, to process from 100 to 600m3 of waste annually from each container.
- Environmental management based on the National and European legislation
- Reducing the mass of waste and residues landfilled
- Simplicity in design and system operation
- Easy and fast system installation
- Possibility to extend and expand capacity
- Flexibility in the seasonal variation of waste
- Production of a utilizable product, compost
TECHNOLOGY IN FIGURES:
|Waste stream||Organic waste, Biological sludge|
|Container capacity||10 – 20 m3|
|Amount of Waste||50 – 3.000 tn / year|
|Reducing waste mass||36%|
|Treatment time||12-60 days|